This serves as a follow-on session to the “Basic Marketing to Sales People(I)”. It has long been an interesting but rarely touched topic on handling the interface between the Sales and the Marketing department so as to meet the corporate objectives. Apart from such grey area as to the roles and responsibilities of either parties in achieving the business target, “commited” teamwork efforts have been another area that is missing to create synergy. Actually, the sales force play a crucial role to help implement trade marketing programs, distribution strategy, pricing formulation, corporate event marketing and merchandising campaign. It is important that both parties speak the same language to maximize marketing program effectiveness via mutual support.
- To familiarize sales professionals with their role in contributing to successful marketing programs.
- To solicit and maximize sales team’s contribution to marketing success via constructive input and effective implementation of relevant marketing operations.
- Sales staff from various business sectors
- Brand/ Marketing team of business organizations
- A mix of lectures, exercises and group discussions
- Selling Versus Marketing
- ‘Push’ versus ‘pull’ strategy
- Trade Marketing/Consumer Marketing Practices
- Role of salesteam in distribution and pricing strategy formulations
- Critical success factors in implementing sales promotion
- Merchandising Tactics
- Provision of Marketing Intelligence
- Handling the interface with the Marketing Team
Duration : Two-days program
Medium of Instruction : Cantonese supplemented with English