Ko (2 from left) and the Titan in California wine making (3 from right), Mr. Robert Mondavi (1913-2008) took centre stage to raise their glasses of Mondavi fine wine to the Great Wall in Beijing (1996) to celebrate first mover advantages.
Corresponding Organizations/ Institutes
- Remy China Limited (法國人頭馬洋酒公司)
- Robert Mondavi Winery (California, USA)
- Selected F&B managers/ trade partners at the hotel/MICE industry, PRC
Management Strategies Involved
- To bring the owner of Mondavi Winery to China as the most credible “brand ambassador”
- To pre-empt consumers’ generic motivation towards “fine wine” by achieving 1st mover advantages
- To use “influencer marketing” — all F&B managers in classy hotels to create buzz (word of mouth) and opinion leadership
- To further emhance brand equity via gala event marketing and publicity programmes. Ko, Robert Mondavi, together with the then US embassy in China (Jim Sasser 美國駐華大使 尚慕傑) enjoyed themselves thoroughly at the “King Table” for a great gala evening at the China World Hotel (BJ).